Sunday, July 8, 2012

Beg, Borrow, Steal...and Share!

Teaching is what I have wanted to do "when I grew up" for as long as I can remember. I love working with children everyday, to help them learn and grow in all ways. Besides being with the kids, I love the creativity that I get to tap into when creating lessons or decorating my classroom. 


My motto for teaching is "BEG, BORROW, & STEAL".... but also SHARE! I live by this motto for two reasons: 1. teaching requires a lot of time... so much time that there aren't enough hours in the day sit around creating the most perfect lesson plan for each subject for each day; 2. two heads are always greater than one - I love how a group of people can approach the same activity in a group of different ways! At the same time, when I have the opportunity to create something I think is pretty great, I want to share it with anyone who wants to hear!


When I first jumped on the Pinterest train, I would stay up late into the night jumping from one teacher blog to the next. I felt like I had just hit the JACKPOT! There were so many lessons, activities, organizational strategies, management strategies, I could go on and on... that people were sharing for free! I would dream late into the night about what I was going to do the next day in my classroom, and when I successfully implemented my own activity, I didn't have any place to share with others. 


So... here I am! Starting my first blog! I want to share some of the things that I am doing in my classroom everyday. I will try my best to stay up to date with my posts, but I know that the school year will get hectic. I appreciate your support and time checking out what I have to share! :o)


Laters!


~ Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment